Depth of Field/Motion photos

 I really still don't understand how to make my camera do what I want it to. I've had plenty of time to figure that out, but it's just been pretty low on my priorities recently. All of my pictures are kind of last-minute. I have a few I have taken over the past few weeks, but most were from the last few days. Also, this was supposed to be posted at 9, but it's 11 now. Sorry about that, but I was at work, and didn't have time to edit earlier today. Anyways, on to the pictures. First, I'll go over the motion pictures (funny).


This is the fan one from my last post, I actually really like the vibe this one has. Not sure why, but I'm a really big fan of noisy images (pictures with a lot of static stuff going on). It just works for me. With this picture, I really like the way I captured the motion of the fan without it being too blurry. I also edited the colors a bit to emphasize the warm lighting coming from my lamp and just in general brighten it up a bit.


I took this one a while back, but didn't want to just not use it. It's of Jason walking on the quad waiting for us to finish taking our pictures. I caught him taking a step and froze the motion without meaning to. But now I feel like I could freeze that motion intentionally, which is really cool. As for other editing, I made the grass a lot cooler toned and then boosted the blue. I also boosted the reds to make the bricks and bushes pop.


It was really hard to get a single image of a snail on the glass that wasn't either completely black or blurry as all get out. This one is kind of freezing what little motion there is of the snail. I really liked the balance of colors in this one, so I didn't edit much at all.


I noticed my avocado tree was sort of swaying with the fan, so I tried to freeze that motion. As for editing, I boosted the red of that pot on the right and really tried to make the stem and leaves of the tree stand out from the whitish background.


This is another picture I took a while back. I really liked this one's composition. I wish I had centered the post better, that way there would be more blurred negative space to the side on the left. I did a lot of color editing to this one, really pushed the dark purples out and emphasized the blue and green highlights.


This one was sort of my introductory DOF practice. My camera has very limited aperture adjustment capabilities but I tried to make this work with what I have. I also am just having trouble understanding what ISO does. So I'll have to ask about that next time. But I feel like I did what was wanted. I blurred up close and focused far away.


Similar story to the last image. Going for a blurred close up with a sharp far away.


I like gnomes. Also this picture was supposed to be more blurred up close, but I think I didn't stand close enough to the flag on the right to do that. Either way it's a fine picture.




Comments

  1. I really enjoy the snail picture to me it almost looks as if it were a charcoal drawing. Although it is a bit dark I really enjoy the contrast of the yellow light reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way you made the green pop with your plants; they came out very vibrant and warm feeling. Your snail also came out very good with the stuff around it being muddied out. I really like the gnome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool concept with highlighting things that are normally overlooked. I like how you made different colors pop, but I would look out for using too much contrast.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment