First Assignment

    For my first assignment I had to edit one photo five different ways. The following picture was the photo I chose. I really like it feels very balanced. There's a good amount of negative space around the wind vein (which is the subject). It's also in focus and centered pretty well. The lighting is decent, and there's some nice contrast between the close branches and the ones behind.


    As for the rest of them, I decided to edit it in three ways. I made three that were simply grayscale, I played with the contrast levels to try and draw attention to the subject matter. The top one is my favorite of these. I think it came out the best because I was able to make the further trees fade into the sky while separating the closer trees even more. All while keeping the wind vein as the center of attention. It just feels the best to look at.




    Then, for the last two, I used Jason's color presets to create warm and cold toned images. I'm a big fan of how rustic the warm toned one looks. But the cold toned one is a little odd. Not sure why, it might be a little bit too blue for my taste. In the future I might prefer to soften its impact a little.







Comments

  1. This is a nice little composition. As I mentioned in class, I don't think I've ever noticed, in all of my years here, that there was a weather vein on top of the gazebo. Your edits are each uniquely different from the others. In the first one, the rooster stands out the best from the sky. I do think with a little tweaking, it could stand out much more strongly. Otherwise nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the first one really captures the rooster well, and really shows good contrast

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to agree that the first version is very well done and contrasts from the sky. The sepia and cool tone photos also allow the rooster to stand out very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really cool photo! The combination of the trees mixed with the metal gives a really cool effect. I would have loved to see an edit where the sky has contrast and depth in comparison to the top of the trees just to make it pop

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment