Abstract photography


 This was an assignment that finally made photography fun for me! Here's eight pictures that have been abstracted in some sort of way.

This one was an attempt to make lights appear in front of and behind the subject. It kind of failed but I really like how the legs look almost like an animation because of their exposure rhythm.

This one could have been saved purely by using my camera vertically lol. But it's okay I think I accomplished what I wanted to.

I really liked this exit sign, so took a really long exposure of it.

I don't think I was intending on getting this picture. But the way the light is bouncing off of Jason is almost holy.

This was a picture Jason attempted to help me with. The subject was exposed to light twice but only after she was in position.

This was a portrait taken of me at some point. It had really high contrast, which I liked! I put a spacey layer and a minecraft block layer over and then messed with the colors and layer modes until I liked how it looked.

This was another picture that I messed around with in GIMP. Specifically with the noise filters, which I personally love. I also exported it with very low quality, which seemed to help.


This one was more outside the realm of traditional photography and more in photo editing playing around with layer modes and almost scrapbooking techniques of using cutouts and tape. I enjoyed making it, I think it looks weird and that does its job.

Comments